Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Happy Black Girl Day

Happy Black Girl Day!!! For those of you that don't know what HBGD is, it was started by The Beautiful Struggler as a way for us to celebrate the Black woman as opposed to degrading, diminishing, and belitting. To do my part, I will be highligting various Black women in all walks of life to highlight us as beautiful, happy, successful people. Today's post will highlight my favorite Natural Sistas!


- Jill Scott- This woman's style is AMAZING! I love her hair, her clothes, her aura-she just seems like a very natural, earthy, happy woman. (And it doesn't hurt that I get a lot of "You look like Jill Scott"s!! :) In all seriousness, she's great, and I look to her for inspiration.


- Chrisette Michelle- I love her new haircut, and for awhile was tempted to get my hair that short (I have re-considered that decision). She's another black woman who exudes confidence, charisma, and a fierce style.


- Corinne Bailey Rae- I love her ringlets. (And have attempted to create my own on more than one occasion!) She always looks so fresh and youthful. It's hard not to love her hair.


- Lauryn Hill- No matter how she rocks it, she looks great!


- Erykah Badu- Regardless of what you think of some of her actions, Ms. Badu's style has always been in a class of its own, including her tresses!

I love how we, as Black women, come in all hues, shapes, sizes, personalities, and so does our hair! If our hair isn't together, we don't feel together. So, who's your natural girl inspiration? Feel free to share and name people that I completely forgot about!! Until next time, stay nappturally beautiful

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE INDIA ARIE. THIS LADY GIVES ME SO MUCH HOPE,MOTIVATION, AND INSPIRATION. SHE SAID IT ALL, "I AM NOT MY HAIR". BUT YET "TRUTH". I AM BLACK AND I AM BEAUTIFUL. INDIA ARIE REMINDS ME EVERYDAY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete