Friday, April 2, 2010

To Weave or Not to Weave??? That is the Question.


As some of you know who know me personally, we are less than 2 weeks away from my birthday and about a week away from my birthday dinner. So as I prepare to get ready to get my look together, a lot of things are going through my head...how do I wear my hair for my birthday and what the heck am I going to do with my hair this summer??? Like most cities around the country that are in the South or near water, DC has a tendency to get a little humid during the hottest season of the year. Even though I started wearing my hair straight last summer (I'm still not sure why I picked the summertime), I'm looking to do something different this year. A few weeks ago, I called a friend of mine who does hair on the side and asked her if she would give me a sew-in. She graciously said yes. I figured this will give me a new look for my birthday, the Spring, and allow me not to worry about my hair while I work out. My hair will have a chance to take a break and not be manipulated everyday. No matter what ANYBODY says, maintaining natural hair is much more cumbersome than having relaxed hair. Anything I can do to minimize potential hair disasters, at least during the summer when there's a good chance I will be out and about going to cook-outs, pool parties, rooftop parties, or really just any outside activity, I'm willing to do-just short of cutting my hair off... So to not worry about what my hair's going to look like (a poofball after I've been outside for awhile based on Summer 2009), I think getting my sew-in for the summer is a great idea. And I may even switch it up later on in the season to get some braids or twists. It's wonderful that now my hair is trained to stay straight, but I'm not sure if I will have the same luck during the summer; I also miss wearing my hair natural, a la Jill Scott (who I happen to invoke with my natural look). I'm not sure I want to start taking the chance of looking crazy after straightening my hair during the summer that I took last year.
So, as I bring this post to an end, I think I've made the decision to go ahead and get that sew-in sooner rather than later. I'll let you know how it turns out. In the meantime, stay nappturally beautiful...

1 comment:

  1. Do you mind if I quote a couple of your posts as long as I provide credit and sources back to your blog? My blog is in the exact same niche as yours and my users would really benefit from some of the information you provide here. Please let me know if this ok with you. Thank you!

    -----------------------
    Bästa medlet mot håravfall

    ReplyDelete